This recipes was shared by our good friend Dr. Elson Haas, aka 'America's Detox Doc'. This recipe is not just a delicious filling breakfast alternative, but offers up an enormous amount of good nutrition, immune boosting elements, antioxidants, minerals, digestive enzymes and more. That's why it's the bomb of all smoothies. And, it is the perfect time of year to get most of these ingredients locally. And your kids will love it too!
BEE-utiful Berry Smoothie
- ½ blender of almond milk
- ¼ cup flax seed, ground to a fine meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cups berries: blueberries, blackberries, cherries, or raspberries
- 1 avocado
- 1 heaping teaspoon Super Greens powder
- 3 heaping tablespoons fresh bee pollen
- 3 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon raw, organic honey
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
Grind the flax seeds along with cinnamon in a coffee grinder and set aside.
Fill your blender with the almond milk.
Add all other ingredients and turn blender on low until the mixture is moving smoothly.
Then blend well on high for 2 minutes until creamy.
Serves 2 @ 12 oz