4/20/10

Today's Newsweek Headline: "100 Places to Remember Before They Disappear

Last night I attended a private screening in New York for a documentary film entitled "Wake Up". The executive producer was Sting's wife Trudie Styler. The lucky few who were invited were hosted by Sting, his wife stuck in London due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland, and the very same reason why I was able to go. Friends in the UK were unable to get a flight out like the millions of others and I was asked to take their place. Where one door closes another opens as they say.
The film was a provocative look by another young film maker who tragically lost his best friend in a motorcycle accident. That trauma opened up a portal to the 'other' world. He was and has been from that moment on, changed. What was first a scary, disturbing yet curios show of angels, demons, aliens, energy patterns in people and spaces, led him on a journey to test all of his human relationships, his sanity and his beliefs about what is reality. The outcome...well I'll leave the ending for you to discover on your own. The DVD will be available later on this year.

While in New York, myself and my colleagues took the opportunity to discuss WorldShift, a campaign that will be launched at an event Grail Springs is hosting on June 26th with the likes of Deepak Chopra, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Dr. Ervin Laszlo and many other world thought leaders. The campaign has been birthed out of the necessity to engage the masses in a grassroots movement to shift the world before it is too late. "Shift One Thing" is the campaign. Naturally there was a lot of discussed themed around the volcanic eruption and how Mother Earth is pushing back on the stresses we have pushed and continue to push on to her. And predictably it will get worse. Earthquakes, tsunami's, floods, ecoli, mad cow disease, world economic collapse, global warming and volcanic eruptions. What more do we need to 'Wake Up'? How is it that people are still so complacent in their reaction to what is going on?
As I just now got to the airport to return home, pondering on the 'what more can I do' personally, what else can I 'shift' in my life that will cause less pressure on the planet but also what else can I do to help heal the planet. Before I sat down at my gate I proceeded to spot the Newsweek magazine with the headline '100 Places to Remember Before They Disappear'. A stark 'in your face' message that we are clearly a planet in peril. It is time to ‘Wake Up’ and 'Shift One Thing". Think about one thing you can do today to make a difference and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment